![]() |
| Google Image |
Plan busted, I returned to my apartment to work on the "Most Difficult Puzzle Ever," (see last week's blog) only to discover the donator didn't check the number of pieces, It looked like I'd have to wait on finishing that challenge. After an unavoidable, long nap, I reset my goals for the afternoon. Maybe, I'll work on my next book in the Shadowwater series. That resolution lasted for thirty minutes. Beginning, to believe that even the simplest activities would be too daunting, I watched the news which rejuvenated my cognitive abilities; the mental stimulation helped me make it past all the nonsense of the morning and focus on the world at large.
Then I recalled what my friend had advised earlier in the day. "Have some fun!" I considered the above activities fun. Yes, I'm a proud nerd at times. I'm not ashamed to admit I love The Big Bang Theory and actually get some of the techno-babble and science. So after the latest episode that night, reminding me ADHD has its benefits, I uploaded YouTube selected Funk and went with the music. It set me dancing lively steps, albeit briefly. The daunting heaviness I'd fought all day long receded.
Being older doesn't mean duller: my mother knew that; sadly, my father (the younger of the two) did not. I learned from their examples. So, thanks to "Uptown Funk" and "Sax" I forgot the negative challenges and remembered that in fact, I've never been braver or more motivated to push against the wind.
For more on Cape Cod and the Shadowwater series, go to:
www.shadowwater.net


No comments:
Post a Comment